The Gift of Rest and Self-Care: How to Replenish Your Empty Cup
Rest has so many benefits—reduced stress, improved energy, and better health are only three of them. I was lucky enough to attend a special retreat this weekend that centered around rest. Our society treats rest as something we should earn, on the contrary the opposite is true.. Without enough rest, we pour from an empty cup. Life can become overwhelming, and feel like you’re really stressed seemingly out of nowhere... but it’s because you’re not taking enough time to replenish. Luckily, there are ways to give yourself the gift of rest and self-care every day, so you can pour from an overflowing cup!
Here are Ten Ways to add rest to your daily life.
- Cultivate Gratitude - Simple journaling by writing down three things you are grateful for every day. This one habit fills you up leaving less room for stress. Check out our easy peasy journal.
- Drink Water - Staying hydrated helps so many aspects of life. Every day, we set a 30-minute timer for drinking sips and it also gives you a mini break.
- Practice Mindfulness - Use the the 4-7-8 Breathing Method. Close your eyes, inhale through your nose for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale through your mouth for eight seconds. Repeat for a few minutes.
- Give Yourself Permission - "You cannot have a happy ending to an unhappy journey." a quote by Abraham Hicks. Life is short, yet we spend an awful lot of it in angst about our past, present, and future. We push ourselves to keep working and producing when we just need a little break.
- MUSIC! - Play some of your favorite music, dance, sing, and smile. It is a sure way to change your state.
- Eat a Healthy Snack - Keep yourself fueled with a small healthy snack, and stabilize blood sugar. Check out our Healthy Snack Box
- Clean Up Clutter - Clean up one small drawer, and get rid of anything you don’t really need.
- Face Massage - You can use your hands or a facial roller. Beauty experts recommend adding a facial massage to your skin care routine. This can be beneficial in boosting circulation, softening tension and - over time - lifting and toning your complexion and it helps to stop clenching your jaw.
- Go For a Walk - A walk is a great way to clear your mind, get some sunshine, and get a few more steps into your daily routine.
- Binaural Beats - Hz Frequencies can calm your brain. They have been found to encourage relaxation, promote positivity and decrease anxiety. Here is our free playlist:
Rest is the quickest way to keep you on track to living your best life and becoming your best self!
Last but not least, a gift for yourself! We am so excited to announce that we will be releasing free gifts to your best self every month. Starting with Self Care Bingo!